blank screen after latest update

Kevin Kempter kevink at consistentstate.com
Mon Mar 15 00:08:53 UTC 2010

> Kevin Kempter wrote:
> > Hi All;
> >
> > I ran the latest updates yesterday (including the new kernel and the new
> > kmod-nvidia update) and I got a blank screen when I rebooted.
> >
> > I went into single user mode ,  backed up and then removed the xorg.conf
> > file but still got a blank screen upon reboot.
> >
> > I've since rsync'd my system back to where it was before the update.
> > Anyone else seeing this issue?  Any thoughts on how to fix it?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
>
> Check the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file, it might give you hints.

I re-ran the updates, got the same blank screen (I get the Fedora bar across
the bottom of the screen, then after that the screen goes blank).

Then I rebooted into single user mode, copied the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file to a
safe location, and finally restored the system back to its original state

See the Xorg.0.log file attached

thoughts?