upgrade FC5

Thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 10:02:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 18:24:39 +1030, Tim wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 07:07 +0000, Thufir wrote:
>> It seems impossible to upgrade FC5 without a clean install -- is that
>> essentially correct?
>
> Why don't you want to clean install?  Someone may have a good answer to
> help you do it, or overcome the problem.

Kinda strange situation.  All the pc's in this one room are dual boot,
which is, I think, a forgotten IT project.  In any event, I went to
single user to reset the password to gain access, just out of curiosity.
I'm just not sure about a clean install in that, yes, harmless, but seems
a bit more egregious than resetting a password.

-Thufir