midori in LXDE/F-12 spin

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 20:54:52 UTC 2010

On Friday 26 March 2010 10:04 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> Hi Suvayu,
>
> On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:07:09 -0700 Suvayu Ali
> <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi Ranjan,
>>
>> Have you tried conky? Its pretty cool and customisable. I know it
>> probably doesn't fit into the discussion about a spin's default resource
>> monitor applet, but for personal use its too good.
>>
>> Here is my setup with WindowMaker. If you request I can share my
>> ~/.conkyrc too. ;)
>> <http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll164/jalladandtux/screenies/conky.png>
>
> Thanks for the information on conky. It seems similar to gkrellm,
> perhaps without the bloat (hopefully). I wonder if it should be
> included in the LXDE spin because it has many features missing in the
> lxpanel (at least while new features are being introduced).
>
> I would love to see your .conkyrc if possible.

Everything that you see in my conky setup comes with a default install
of conky, except for the weather forecast. For that you have to
download a script and a font set from the ubuntu forums. The
maintainer is relatively active and keeps updating regularly.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=869328&highlight=conky+weather

To make this work you need to register with some weather service. I
have a free registration with weather.com

I prefer my conky display translucent and on the top right. The
configs are pretty easy to understand.

Some docs:
+ for the colour codes refer to <file:///usr/share/X11/rgb.txt>
+ for time formats `man strftime'
+ for conky feature set refer <http://conky.sourceforge.net/variables.html>
+ for conky configuration options refer to
<http://conky.sourceforge.net/config_settings.html>

Feel free to contact me if you have any other queries, enjoy fiddling
around. ;)

--
Suvayu