Sophos Anti Virus

Nermin Celik n.celik00 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 04:58:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo <nospaze at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Am Freitag, den 14.05.2010, 13:44 +1000 schrieb Nermin Celik:
> > At work the IT technicians are insisting on transfering me to Red Hat
> > from FC12 due to "Anti Virus system. Sophos Anti Virus only supports
> > Red Hat not Fedora". What does this mean? I'm new to Unix environment,
> > and this is too technicial.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedora_%28operating_system%29
>
> Your technicians message means you should buy the commercial version in
> order of your antivirus to work. Since fedora and redhat are almost the
> same, I don't personally agree but you don't mention any technical
> argument, just the advertising.
>
> :)

Advertising.... :( no....

IT technicians are experienced in Windows. My machine is Unix based, due to
the type of my work, you can say my machine is the odd one out.

Technical argument(s):
  Technicans say: Sophos Anti Virus only supports Red Hat not Fedora
  Me: confused. Not whole heartedly convinced, hence have posted a message
here.

"Since fedora and redhat are almost the same" shouldn't Sophos Anti Virus be
also supported by Fedora?