F13 install from netinst.iso ERROR: The installer has tried to mount image #1.

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon May 31 13:15:49 UTC 2010

I'm trying to install F13 on my netbook although I had a problem
similar to this when installing to my desktop.

I've got the F13 netinst.iso (i386) installed to a 1GB flash drive
using the livecd tools. It boots fine, anaconda runs, but right after
wiring the partitions and filesystems to disk I get this error:

The installer has tried to mount image #1, but cannot find it on the hard drive.

Please copy this image to the hard drive and click Retry.
---

Isn't the netinst method supposed to be smart enough to go to the net
for the install files? I mean it's part of the name of the image!

I tired the "askmethod" way but then it wanted to download the
install.img as well which is already on the flash drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard