No audio, video plays at 8x

stan gryt2 at q.com
Tue Oct 26 19:02:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 11:27:48 -0400
Alex <mysqlstudent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Turns out somehow the configuration for the audio output changed from
> my internal on-board sound card to the HDMI digital output on my video
> card. Fixed now.

Great!  The devices are assigned in random order at boot unless you
explicitly tell alsa to order them a certain way in a file
in /etc/modprobe.d.  A search on modprobe.conf (the old way) or
modprobe.d and alsa will turn up ways to do this. It's been
posted on this list a few times too.  However, I think if you configure
pulseaudio inputs and outputs using pavucontrol, it does this
automagically at start up.