Liberation or Corefonts?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon Sep 13 19:08:18 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 12:47:34PM -0400, Alex wrote:
> I'm trying to find some better fonts for my monitor/video card
> combination. Are the liberation fonts the same as the corefonts, found
> at http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/? It seems it is geared towards an

No. The Liberation fonts are free software fonts which happen to be drop-in
replacements for certain Microsoft fonts. The Microsoft fonts you can get
via the "corefonts" package are free-to-download-from-Microsoft, but are not
free as in speech (or even completely free as in beer).

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>