[Fedora] Re: [Fedora] compiler

Walter Cazzola cazzola at dico.unimi.it
Tue Sep 14 13:09:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010, Rossella Noschese wrote:

> ok, I'm trying to install a software we need for work at university. It's
> called amber7 (old version, i know...) However, to install this software i
> need to create a link to the appropriate Machine file from the
> $AMBERHOME/src directory (That's what the manual says to do) and it says to
> type:
> ln -s -f Machines/Machine.g77 MACHINE for Linux with g77 compiler.....
> so, since this is a very old version of the software I think that's
> different compiler for fedora 13...

I don't know amber7 but seems it relies on fortran, to install the
fortran compiler you have to install the gcc-gfortran but no command
named g77 is available in that package so it should be a little bit more
trick (i.e., you have to change your makefile or something like that)

Walter

--
Walter Cazzola, PhD - Assistant Professor, DICo, University of Milano
E-mail cazzola at dico.unimi.it Ph.: +39 02 503 16300  Fax: +39 02 503 16253