selective command history

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 19:18:50 UTC 2010

On 17 September 2010 11:54, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Set HISTCONTROL to "ignorespace" to achieve the above. :)
>
> And if you want to ignore duplicate entries, then you can use
> "ignoredupes". To choose both simultaneously, use "ignoreboth".

I spoke too soon. this does the same as explicitly listing commands to
ignore in HISTIGNORE. What I was looking for was a way to have
_separate_ histories for the interactive session I am currently in and
the history that is written out when I quit.

If this is not implemented, would this be a worthwhile feature request?

--
Suvayu