Rhythmbox doesn't quite share

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Sun Sep 19 15:38:06 UTC 2010

I've enabled sharing over DAAP (Avahi) on the local network for my
Rhythmbox music library. When I start Rhythmbox, it shows up on iTunes
on my Mac, and Rhythmbox acknowledges the connection:

(10:33:13) [0x9e59038] [session_id_validate] rb-daap-share.c:728:
Validating session id 3480614792 from 192.168.123.198 matches
192.168.123.198

The playlists are correctly listed in iTunes, but none of the tracks
show up.

The firewall is open on port 3689, a connection is established between
the two systems, but there's no traffic after the playlist names are sent.

(FWIW, this also happens if iTunes is running on Windows.)

--
-- Steve