html on Fedora -- looking for "where to go"

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Aug 8 06:55:32 UTC 2011

Community:

I have @330 htm pages that display wonderfully on Win XP under 4.01
Strict. No errors per w3C validator.

They won't even come close to proper display on Fedora 14. I can get
them validated successfully on F14 through w3c Validator, but I am
seeing error console reports in Firefox about "such-and-such function is
not defined". The weird part is that it only picks out selective
functions to not find in the *.js script, other functions in the *.js
script do not generate errors.

I did a search in Bugzilla for Firefox and multiple permutations of what
I thought the error was and didn't see anything.

I am looking for suggestions as to where to start digging on this one as
I don't have anything worth considering to be a bug at this point. I am
hard-pressed to believe that Windows XP is okay and Fedora is not on the
same *.htm" page ... but that's all I can see at this point.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

ps: the reason there is no attachment with this query is that I don't
have anything clean enough to present and, if an initial query to this
list doesn't work, I will try to do surgery to come up with an example