Need Little IT advice here...

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 04:23:06 UTC 2011

/******* original message with some information removed ************/

Hi, I was Wondering if there was a tool for Linux in general

that let me undo the system changes at reboot or something
like that, For example:

I want to set a standard configuration in a machine and then
let that machine to be used by many users, but as soon as
the user Log Out (preferably in that moment)
I want the machine to undo all the possible
changes the user may have done while he/she was using it.

I've seen this behavior on Windows Machines in Schools and Offices,
and I know it has something to do about a server controlling all the
individual computers but I want to apply that behavior to a Single Linux
computer without having the server in the middle...

If there's not a "General Linux Tool" I would like to Know wich
distro and desktop enviroment are the best choice to get this done,
using what tools,

P.S. it's like... Having a customized "LiveCD Behavior" but with
the system installed, so if I need to do changes, I can ensure I can
do them without many problems, and then "Lock the system" again...

Hope somebody knows,

Thanks!

--
/******** reply starts here, can't configure reply like old yahoo mail classic **********/
There is something for linux called LinFreeze:

http://utux-utux.blogspot.com/2008/02/deepfreeze-for-linux-advance.html

http://piecesoflint.wordpress.com/2011/04/04/linfreeze-deep-freeze-like-software-for-linux/

Try this out, I have not tested and I was doing something similar.  Since the kids don't know much about this, I did not try it out last year.  Maybe this year and with some feedback..  Maybe you can take it for a test run and report back.

Regards,

Antonio