Some minor(grrr...) Gnome3 irritations

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sun Aug 14 15:02:04 UTC 2011

Hi; Just preupdated/updated to FC15 with Gnome3.  There is lots to like
in the new Gnome and I am sure once I get familiar with moving around in
it and getting set up with the way I like to work, every thing will be
fine.  But today I need some help.

It doesn't bother most other people, but my sense of neatness and
efficiency rebels at the idea of many windows open and overlapping at
the same time.  I became very attached to the work areas, or view ports,
or task areas, where I could open different applications for different
tasks and keep applications organized that way and move back and forth
by clicking on the work area icon on my panel.

Is there any equivalent way to group work or jobs? I know applications
come pre-organized by function.  I want something were I can open any
kind of application grouped with other applications for personally
designated projects or tasks.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 15, Gnome 3.0.2