Time sync is foobar

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 16 14:01:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-16 at 04:51 +1000, Roger wrote:
> UTC is off in both systems.

Unless you're triple booting with some other system that requires a
local time hardware clock, I'd try setting them both to use UTC, and see
if things change (such as one of the OSs not obeying your current
settings).

I don't know if it really makes any difference, these days, but the
recommendation was that it was better to leave the hardware clock on
UTC.  More so if you used a computer that might travel across time
zones, and needs clock settings changed.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.