fingerprint reader

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Aug 17 03:01:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 08:52 +0800, Zhangsan wrote:
> I enabled fingerprint reader on F15 and it works correctly,
>
> but I an unable to login from local via password any more.
>
> If I login remotely via ssh and then run sudo, it will wait
>
> for me to go back to input finger. It's too funny. Is it
>
> possible to support both password login and fingerprint
>
> login at the same time?
----
never used fingerprint authentication so I wouldn't know if it becomes
exclusive authentication when it's implemented but I wouldn't think so.

The GUI way to configure authentication is to run
'system-config-authentication' and you can select the various methods
you want to use for authentication (more than one is OK). Thus you would
probably want to make sure that both fingerprint and local
authentication are selected.

I would tend to use command line - 'authconfig' and you can get all the
possible options just by typing 'authconfig --help' and I would think
that something like...

authconfig \
 --enablelocauthorize \
 --enablesssd \
 --enablefingerprint \
 --enableshadow \
  --updateall

would likely work - but of course, I don't have fingerprint hardware to
even test this.

If you don't have sssd package installed, then don't enable it

Either authconfig or system-config-authentication should
update /etc/pam.d/system-auth, /etc/nsswitch, possibly other files

Craig

believed to be clean.