Routing problems

Mike Dwiggins mike at azdwiggins.com
Fri Aug 19 08:34:40 UTC 2011

I am trying to set up a Fedora 14 as a router between two different net
works.

I have the following iptables set up:

[root at faker ~]# iptables -A INPUT --source 10.21.144.0/24 --destination
10.16.2.1

[root at faker ~]# iptables -A INPUT --source 10.16.2.0/24 --destination
10.21.144.1

[root at faker ~]# iptables --list

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

target prot opt source destination

all -- 10.21.144.0/24 10.16.2.1

all -- 10.16.2.0/24 10.21.144.1

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

target prot opt source destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

target prot opt source destination

I cannot get two devices on the two net works to ping.  I have the
Active Controllers on one Network and the Slave Devices on the other.

I am trying to mimic a real world setup in a Lab and am at a loss.  I
have had no trouble setting up NAT's but, the situation I am trying to
emulate does not allow for a NAT.

My hair is already gray but I might start losing it!