error software update on a new installation

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 19 14:12:49 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-16 at 16:58 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 16.08.2011 16:51, schrieb Peter Klaassen:
> > I am an Ubuntu user and now testing Fedora.
> > I have 360+ updates of software after installation.
> > But I get the following error.
> >
> > could not add package update for fedora-release-rawhide-15-3(noarch)updates: fedora-release-rawhide-15-3.noarch
> >
> > To my knowledge I run Fedora 15 Lovelock
> >
> > What is going wrong?
>
> * Terminal
> * su -
> * Enter root Password
> * yum clean all
> * yum update yum\*
> * yum clean all
> * yum upgrade
>
> every time the same if the graphical grap doe snot work after fresh install

You should not be adding rawhide updates to your installed software. Go
to the rawhide repos in /etc/yum.repos.d and disable them [enable=0]
rawhide provides software which is potentially unstable.
How many QA engineers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 3: 1 to
screw it in and 2 to say "I told you so" when it doesn't work.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net