confusion with gparted

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 22:15:32 UTC 2011

Hi François,

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:38 PM, François Patte
<francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr> wrote:

> fdisk and df can see roughly 2 partitions 20Go+480Go and gparted sees
> that mostly this disk has non-allocated space while the linux partition
> had 44Go of data on it...?
>

> Moreover, I tried to extend the small ext4  partition (2.84Mio according
> to gparted) to the next "non-allocated" space (465,45 Gio).
>
> gparted warned me that all my data will be lost... OK, I launch the
> dog.... It ran for 2 hours.... I stopped it and... nothing was done.
> even my data were not lost!
>
> Is gparted working?

I am not sure what could be wrong, but one (trivial) thing comes to
mind. Did you make sure the partitions were not mounted before you
started gparted? Also what version of Fedora are you using? Is it
F14/F15 or something much older?

> Thanks for answering.

I hope this helps somehow.

--