Totem and Mozplugger Firefox plugin deathmatch over audio/wav

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 23 01:35:13 UTC 2011

On 08/22/2011 08:19 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> g writes:
>
>> On 08/22/2011 02:09 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>>> I've got one x86_64 machine with Firefox, and one i386 machine. Both have
>>> totem-mozplugin and mozplugger installed.
>>>
>>> On both machines, about:plugin shows audio/wav MIME type being handled by
>>> both of them.
>>
>> not place to be looking.
>>
>> from menu bar; "edit > preferences > applications"
>
> That's what I said in my original post.
>
>> you should be able to take it from there.
>>
>> if not, have a look in bottom left corner. ;)
>
> And as I described, Firefox only shows one of the two, as an available
> handler for WAV files.

i read you post and am aware of what you said you had done. what i am not
aware of is if you followed what i meant by my last 2 statements.

so to be more direct, did you press [Help] button?

in addition just what is problem you are having?

if getting music to play, have you tried enabling "mplayer".

to bring this portion of your post back in to "play". [pun intended]

>> I note that both machines also have mplayer installed, and in both cases
>> mplayer is also offered as an alternative choice to either mozplugger or
>> totem, for audio/wav. I do not understand why mozplugger and totem are not
>> offered as choices simultaneously, and why it's one on one machine, and the
>> other on the other machine.

because that is way devs thought it should be, being that you have options
of "always ask" and "use other". if you select "use other", i believe that
will move 'other' into choices.

as for choices in my firefox for 'wav audio', i see "movie player", aka,
"mplayer" and "totem".

in addition, just where did you get "mozplugger"? that is not a mozilla
offered add-on.

hth.

--

peace out.