Brain fart: no format option on a pen drive pop-up menu?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 03:45:24 UTC 2011

Surely I'm missing something, but shouldn't there be an uption on the
right-click menu over a pen drive, to format the drive?. Can't find
it.

I go to Computer, select the KINGSTON device, right click, properties,
and I see the following tabs:

Basic, Emblems, Permissions, Open with, Notes

Nowhere is there any option to "format drive".

I know I can probaly just format it from Bash, but I'm curious of what
is the expected way to initiate a drive format from the Gnome GUI....

I'm using an ancient system with Fedora 10 here... uname -a
 2.6.27.41-170.2.117.fc10.i686 #1 SMP Thu Dec 10 11:00:29 EST 2009
i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

FC
PS: The options available on the pop-up menu for the drive object are:

Open
Open with other application
Copy
Rename