RHEL6 Wallpapers

Sam Sharpe lists.redhat at samsharpe.net
Mon Aug 29 17:03:59 UTC 2011

On 29 August 2011 17:47, g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On 08/29/2011 11:06 AM, Lázaro Morales wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I like so much RHEL6 artwork, Is there any place where I can download
>> the RHEL6 default wallpapers?
>
> i am using fedora and scientific linux. being that scientific linux is
> a rhel clone, have a look at these links;
>
>  http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.1/i386/os/Packages/
>  http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.1/x86_64/os/Packages/
>
> search both 'background' and 'wallpaper'.
> packages should be same, but you never can tell.

No they shouldn't.

In fact they should specifically differ, because the requirements from
Red Hat when cloning their distro is that you remove _their_ branding
from it and use your own. So you will note in the SL 6.0 release
notes, that several packages have changed:
http://www.scientificlinux.org/distributions/6x/rnotes/sl-release-notes-6.0.html#changed

In particular:
> redhat-logos
> Changed all trademarked icons and pictures.
> Changed styles of items such as background, gdm, and kdm to change the tradedress style.

If you want the Red Hat desktop background, then you need to get it
from Red Hat - it can be found in the redhat-logos SRPM package on
their website. I would link you to it, but I don't feel comfortable
redistributing their branded items either.

--
Sam