I think we need a discussion

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 22:13:23 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 17:43, Robert Myers <rbmyersusa at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is absolutely nothing new in any of your complaints.  Hardware
> and software developers have been arbitrarily imposing inexplicable
> and often incomprehensible changes on users for as long as I have been
> using computers, which is a very long time.

And in the brave new world of fog computing, er, Cloud Computing, you
no longer have any say on the features of the software, it's decided
by "experts" in their ivory towers. Google is the best example... they
change features, move user interface elements around without any
questions to the users, and remove features just because they can.

In the words of Midnight Oil "Some say that's progress, I say that's cruel".
FC