Good distributed compilation system?

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it
Tue Aug 30 13:42:55 UTC 2011

On 08/29/2011 04:52 PM, Christopher Svanefalk wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> could anyone recommend a distributed compilation system that runs both
> on *nix and Windows machines? I mostly do the actual coding under Linux,
> but have network access to a very powerful box running Windows 7 (I am
> not allowed to change the OS) which I would like to compile on.

I see suggestions about cygwin.
It is probably too slow for short life processes such as gcc.

I would create a Linux VM on Windows and use Linux tool inside it.

If the box is powerful, you have HW-assisted virtualization, so
just pick a good VM manager (don't know which is better at the moment,
Vmware, VirtualBox, ...) and create one VM, or more than one if you have
a lot of cores and memory.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it