GNOME2 support revisited

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Fri Dec 2 02:24:24 UTC 2011

> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
>> What did I say which in any way referenced RHEL7? We are running Fedora on our
>> support machines (not the servers) and my question was pretty specific as to
>> FC17 being the issue, so we can get off FC14.

  Seems you have some choices:

 (i) You (or perhaps someone else) packages the Mint work to fedora

 (ii) switch to mint (avoid the repackaging issue)

(iii) stay w fedora and switch DE's to something else (XFCE or KDE)

(iv) find yet another distro that matches your needs.

  Seems to me (ii) and (iii) are  by far the easiest ... either of the
alternate desktops should not be too big a burden to switch over to ...

  That said, (iii) seems less of a burdon than (ii) ...

 gene