The Linus view of GNOME 3.2

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Dec 3 23:01:32 UTC 2011

Am 03.12.2011 23:58, schrieb Alan Cox:
>>> Currently - but that's because low end tablet devices can't run modern PC
>>> style software. That will change.
>>
>> Do you really think that an accountant will ever want to fill out a
>> spreadsheet on a tablet, even with a keyboard, if a desktop or laptop's
>> available?  I know a number of authors[1][2] and I can't imagine even
>
> Do you think an accountant will want to muck about copying things
> between devices when his tablet just picks up the local bluetooth
> keyboard and wireless display when he walks into the room, and still
> works as a tablet with his customer ?
>
> Alan

sometimes this whole discussions feels like i am the only one who
is using development-tools, a desktop machine for virtual-machines
used as wlan access point, router, audio-server and so much other
this you can NEVER achieve on a tablet

short time ago linux was for power-users and windows a game loader
do they people all think power-users are dying and liux should be
a replacement for windows instead a independet, customizeable system
for real performance and much more a 08/15 user will use?

if this is the truth i fear i am too young with 34 years to die before
this crap will be introduced everywhere and all peopole who are really
using there computers are to few to get supported

glory brand new wolrd :-(