Re: Bug 648732 – Intel wireless broken on 11n for many users

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 08:17:00 UTC 2011

Lawrence Graves <lgraves95 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just placed rdblacklist=nouveau in the grub command line and also added it
> to the blacklist.conf file and then rebooted and nothing. It blinked about 3
> times and then the readout it showed in the beginning and then 1 minute
> later the error message: iwl4965 0000:0c:00.0: Aggregation not enabled for
> tid 0 because load=1.

Okay, I think we're getting somewhere. This is different to what it
was doing before? If you can get to a text login screen (Ctl-Alt-F2,
or try Ctl-Alt- F1 through to F8) then check nouveau isn't being
loaded and see if you can get hold of the Xorg startup log
/etc/X11/X.0.org

If you want to be able to rule out the iwl4965 module as a cause at
this point then you can use an rdblacklist=iwl4965 kernel argument
TOGETHER WITH the rdblacklist=nouveau. If X starts up then some
conflict with iwl4965 is the cause if not then hopefully the X.0.org
file will indicate what the problem is.

--
imalone