Major upgrade failure

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 08:42:29 UTC 2011

On 07/12/11 08:10, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 12/06/2011 11:59 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
>> I've noticed with the dvd that you can go back and forth,
>> trying to work out needed deps.
>
> In my experience, with the DVD (or the set of CDs) you pick what you
> want and it resolves the dependencies for you without even needing to be
> on-line.

Not with F16, it will ask you to go back and pick,
on a fresh install at least.

The nice thing about the LiveCD is that you don't have to
> spend any time customizing before install; the bad thing is that you
> can't customize before install even if you want to.

That's the beauty, and no anaconda per say.
You do get to customize the partitions.
Which has alway allowed me to keep /home.

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded