Thunderbird message list fonts rendering

Marco Maccaferri macca at maccasoft.com
Wed Dec 7 14:07:59 UTC 2011

Hi,

I noticed a weird behaviour with the fonts rendering in Thunderbird's
message list. Initially the text is bold well readable, then after
clicking on a row or moving the selection with the arrows, the font
rendering changes, like it becames "double bold". Changing folder makes
the rendering correct again, for a while, then it becames double bold again.

I noticed it since installing Thunderbird 8, with the previous version
it was working correctly, however I'm not sure who is the responsible,
it could be some other package updated between the two versions, so I'm
asking if someone out there noticed the same behaviour and found a
solution or at least know the cause.

I'm using Thunderbird 8 from Remi Collet repository on Fedora 14 x86_64.
The fonts should be the default, however I'm using freetype-freeworld
from RPM Fusion instead of the default package. I'm using a nvidia card
with nouveau drivers. Everything is updated as of today.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Marco.