gnome 3

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Thu Dec 8 21:22:01 UTC 2011

On 12/08/2011 04:18 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> one running with fedora 14) to gnome 3. Is there any option to keep
> the previous version of gnome runing with the more recent versions of
> fedora?

You could get a Gnome2-like version by doing this in Gnome3 shell:

- click on your name in the top right corner
- chose "System Settings"
- chose "System Info"
- chose "Graphics"
- set "Forced Fallback Mode" to "ON"

This will give you Gnome3 with metacity, that is quite close to Gnome2.
To add things to the panel, press ALT-key, and hold, and the right-click
(took a while for me to find this...)

I tried Gnome3 with compiz, but could not add things to the panel there
(I did not try that hard though).

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>