Problem booting under F16

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Dec 11 00:42:00 UTC 2011

On 11/27/2011 06:13 AM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> Again, I'd suggest uninstalling the most recent kernel, and reinstalling
> it, in order to regenerate the initrd, and the grub menu item for it,
> afresh.

I haven't quite done that, but I have something new to report.  The
following is quoted from a post on fedoraforum.org, to avoid retyping:

I just now noticed something that might be significant: if I boot from
either of the fc16 kernels, boot gets to:

Started Loading Random Seed

then goes back to:

Starting LSB

and this time it hands when it's trying a second time to recreate the
Volatile Files and Directories. Also, in my current grub2.cfg, there are
two inetrd lines for each fc16 kernel, but if I take either out by
boot-time editing, it fails even worse.