VNCViewer not starting anymore

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Dec 11 19:33:42 UTC 2011

When I first installed f16, I tried out VNCViewer and it started up, but
the address I was using was blocked from my VNCServer; no problem really....

So I move my new notebook to the proper VLAN and copied all the files
from the old notebook, including .ssh, .subversion, and .vnc

Now when I started VNCViewer, it showed on the top bar, but no dialog
for entering the server name and port.

I quited VNCViewer, moved .vnc to vnc-old and tried again, but no dice.

I don't know if there was a .vnc prior from the install, or the problem
is elsewhere.  I really need VNC to manage a couple local servers, so
help would be great...