fedora equivalent of recovery disk ... additional question

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Dec 13 03:41:21 UTC 2011

On 12/12/2011 9:11 AM, g wrote:
> On 12/12/2011 02:27 PM, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
> <>
>
> hello michael,
>
> i am glad you follow this list.
>

>> As the current maintainer of G4L since about 2004, I'm not sure
>> which version is included with partedmagic, but the latest release
>> version on sourceforge has newer version of udpcast and has
>> fsarchiver that does file level backups of many file systems. It also
>> has lvm support..
> -=-
>
> ok. so what is ability to span dvd's to allow backup/clone of an hdd
> that is larger than 4 gb?
>

> thank you.

Michael:

Given that you are the maintainer of this package, I want to ask whether
G4L is, in your opinion, a good option. As my prior email stated, I am
inclined to try the Clonezilla approach, but when I saw your email that
you were maintaining the package that might work for me, I felt that was
worth asking you.

My current thinking is 32GB stick and using Clonezilla by itself (though
I have asked if I could run it through partedmagic)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,
Paul