File copy errors on EXT4 SSD but fsck says its clean ????

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Fri Dec 16 18:07:24 UTC 2011

On 16 Dec 2011 at 9:15, linux guy wrote:

Date sent:      	Fri, 16 Dec 2011 09:15:08 -0700
Subject:        	Re: File copy errors on EXT4 SSD but fsck says
its clean ????
From:           	linux guy <linuxguy123 at gmail.com>
To:             	Community support for Fedora users
<users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Send reply to:  	Community support for Fedora users
<users at lists.fedoraproject.org>

e>

<mailto:users-request at lists.fedoraproject.org?subject=subscribe

> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Matthew J. Roth <mroth at imminc.com>
> wrote: > > Take a look at ddrescue
> <http://www.gnu.org/s/ddrescue/ddrescue.html>.
>
> Thanks for the link.
>
> But fsck says the drive is clean and the SMART log says its clean as
> well.
>
> Seems like something is mis writing data to the drive ?  Could that be
> the hard drive controller ?
>
> How do I fix those files ?
>
> How would I make a list of the files that can't be read, so that I
> know what I am dealing with ?
>
> Thanks.

You might want to try the f3write and f3read programs from
http://oss.digirati.com.br/f3/

The programs are designed to create files on the mounted
partitions, and then to test them for errors. It was originally
designed to test flashes for a problem, but can be run on disk
partitions as well.

> --

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI        11566931.767614   |   EINSTEIN     7006187.589851
ROSETTA      4043213.178494   |   ABC          9849560.670949