Missing icon from KDE System Tray

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 19 05:29:57 UTC 2011

On 12/19/2011 04:58 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
<>

> I think maybe I didn't make it clear in the original post.  The "IBus
> Panel" *is* in the systray.  It even shows in the "System Tray Settings"
> under "Entries".  I even marked it "Always Visible".  I can click in the
> area occupied by the IBus Panel and change the input method.
>
> FYI, there is no "IBus Panel" application in the menu since it isn't an
> "application".
-=-

ok.

if you will, please excuse my confusion, nor do i wish to bug you.

i am not under fedora at this time, i am under sl5.4. so i am not looking
at a kde4.x desktop, i am looking at a kde3 desktop. a lot of difference.

therefore, i can only go by what i am seeing.

does kde4 system tray have a 'configure system tray' selection or any
similar that shows what applications can be added to tray. if so, does
'IBus Panel' show with an icon?

are there any configurations that allow hiding?

in following threads for f15/f16, i am trying to learn about f15/f16
and kde4 for when i get into upgrading over next couple weeks.

so, please excuse my suggestions and questions.

would you like me to go away and leave you alone? :-(

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

****
**
**
**