Fedora vs openSUSE

Rameshwar Kr. Sharma mathsrealworld at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 17:18:48 UTC 2011

Hello community,

This has been a great news for me that I am going switch to Linux from
Windows XP, I am bored using it, many viruses and also high cost to
maintain. Apart from it, I came to know that there are many linux and
more specifically distributions. So really speaking, I am a bit
confused between them, want to give try to Fedora but a picture of
opensuse comes in mind, then some other distribution...While I know
that these are fedora mailing list and anyone is going to give
directions for only Fedora, but can one honestly tell me the
differences between Fedora and opensuse? I came to know from some
people that not to try Ubuntu (I don't know why they said so) and said
that most of the people in Ubuntu mailing lists are more of dumbs, so
I have claimed this question here only but I am really new -- what you
guys think the best, please do tell me....

Now since my mind has become a little negative for Ubuntu, I just
wanted to know the truth (remaining) between opensuse and Fedora, and
for rest of the distributions more --  I would really not look for I
would be confused more.

Thanks a lot in advance.