Fedora vs openSUSE

Rameshwar Kr. Sharma mathsrealworld at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 07:02:06 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Paul Allen Newell <pnewell at cs.cmu.edu> wrote:

> Until you are familiar enough with any version of Linux, this "issue" is
> academic as you can't determine whether it applies to you or not.

> You need to just pick a distro, dive in, swim around, and then take another
> look at what you should be using. Choice of os is best based on experience
> rather than theory / advice.

Correct, and thanks for this suggestion, reading the whole of the
list, I guess I just pick one at random, use it for at least 6 months
and then give a try to some other one. You are right that people here
have different experiences so they tell accordingly, I guess I have to
just pick one at random whether it is Fedora, or openSUSE or Ubuntu.

Thanks.