/var/log/messages

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Dec 22 09:06:32 UTC 2011

On 22.12.2011 07:27, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 12/21/2011 11:10 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> I would call it a functional regression having been introduce during by
>> the sysvinit/upstart->systemd transition.
>>
>> If it has not been BZ'd before, it should be BZ'ed.
>
> I wouldn't mind being the reporter, but I'd like to know if anybody else sees
> this or not.  I'll try to find time to fire up my laptop tomorrow and check there
> as well, but I'd also appreciate it if the rest of you would check and let me know
> if it's been off.

this si all correct

but normally you should make a list which services are running
before the upgrade and verify that there are none missing after
the upgrade or services you did disable before were silently
enabled again

what do you do if some bug disables sshd while you make the
upgrade over ssh? after a blindly reboot the amchine is away
for you!