R: Re: Openfoam is available!!!

antonio.montagnani at alice.it antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Thu Dec 22 15:32:19 UTC 2011

>----Messaggio originale----
>Da: pocallaghan at gmail.com
>Data: 22-dic-2011
16.22
>Ogg: Re: Openfoam is available!!!
>
>On Thu, 2011-12-22 at 15:47
+0100, Antonio M wrote:
>> 2011/12/22 Patrick O'Callaghan :
>> > On Thu, 2011-
12-22 at 09:27 +0100, Antonio M wrote:
>> >> Openfoam is available for F15 and
F16, both 32 bit and 64 bit.

>> >> On the download page http://www.openfoam.com/download/fedora.phpI

think that the instruction module load openmpi-x86_64 should be read

module load openmpii386 in case of 32 bit.

>> > I must say I get a bit fed
up with announcements of this sort, which
>> > can't even be bothered including
a line of description about what the
>> > thing is. Why should I be forced to
open a Web page to find if I have
>> > any interest in this?
>> >
>> > poc
>> >

>> > --
>> Openfoam
has been discussed some time ago on this list, and there was
>> a group
interested in packaging it: nobody compels you to open any
>> page, but I do
not care if you didn't follow the thread a while ago.

>You still don't get it
do you? The fact that some random package was
>discussed a while back is no
reason not to include a one-line
>description reminding people what it is. It's
not like we're talking
>about gcc or X or the kernel. It's a niche interest,
but of course I
>know that only because of information from another poster,
since your
>reply adds precisely no useful information to what you posted

>originally.
>
>poc
>
>--

never heard of Google??