Openfoam is available!!!

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Fri Dec 23 15:35:41 UTC 2011

> You still don't get it do you? The fact that some random package was
> discussed a while back is no reason not to include a one-line
> description reminding people what it is. It's not like we're talking
> about gcc or X or the kernel. It's a niche interest, but of course I
> know that only because of information from another poster, since your
> reply adds precisely no useful information to what you posted
> originally.

/aim at high horse --------------------------->
The OpenFOAMĀ®  (Open Field Operation and Manipulation) CFD Toolbox is a
free, open source CFD software package produced by OpenCFD Ltd. It has a
large user base across most areas of engineering and science, from both
commercial and academic organisations. OpenFOAM has an extensive range
of features to solve anything from complex fluid flows involving
chemical reactions, turbulence and heat transfer, to solid dynamics and
electromagnetics. It includes tools for meshing, notably snappyHexMesh,
a parallelised mesher for complex CAD geometries, and for pre- and
post-processing. Almost everything (including meshing, and pre- and
post-processing) runs in parallel as standard, enabling users to take
full advantage of computer hardware at their disposal.
/end knocking off pedestal practice

It appears to be scientific software to study fluid and electromagnetic
dynamics - took three seconds to find the above description

--
Claude Jones Brunswick, MD, USA