BIOS doesn't see hard drive with Fedora 16, may it be an install issue?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Fri Dec 23 23:26:47 UTC 2011

I forgot to ask another thing in my last reply:

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 16:11:21 PM -0700, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:

> Fedora 16 switched to using GPT partition tables on new disks, and
> some BIOSes refuse to boot GPT-labeled disks.

any pointer to how I may verify if the BIOS of DH61 CR is one of them?

searching "DH61 CR" bios gpt table doesn't return anything useful...

Also, what do you mean by "erase the disk completely"? SHould I run dd
or something from the live CD?

Thanks again,
Marco