Sound not working

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Dec 25 05:33:56 UTC 2011

On 12/24/2011 07:20 PM, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Got a new system today and got F16 up and running and it all seems to be
> in order, cept my sound.  It works in windows with no problems, but not
> Fedora.

Check this thread, because one or more of the fixes might work for you:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=272403  If not, check
/boot/grub2/grub.cfg and see if your kernel has an initrd line.  If not,
that might be part of the issue; at least, it seems to have been for my
desktop.  And, in either event, you'll have problems with kernel updates
until you fix it.  HTH, HAND.