What permisson to change?

Lucélio Gomes de Freitas aa.lucelio at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 01:56:56 UTC 2011

Steven Stern,

Thanks for the reply.

Em 27-12-2011 16:58, Steven Stern escreveu:
> On 12/27/2011 05:14 PM, Lucélio Gomes de Freitas wrote:
>> Steven Stern,
>>
>> Thanks again for your reply.

>>> Check this thread:
>>> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/%5Bf14%5D-virtualbox-ose-4-0-2-verr_suplib_owner_not_root-error-885305/
>>> Make sure /usr/lib/virtualbox/ and everything below is owned by root:root
>> Problem solved.  I never sudo to root except to do yum updates.
>> What a crazy.  Only this problem: How could /usr/lib64 be owned by
>> Lucelio:Lucelio
>> Probably the installation script did something wrong.
I can't explain but with this new VirtualBox, I can't run a test machine
WinVista64. Seems a virus.

I started WinVista64 installation from DVD and it stopped at "Expanding
files (64%)..." a long time(hours) at the same point. No disk
activities(botton of VirtuaBox windows).

I defined a new virtual machine and started installation again.
Stoped(seems a loop) at 8% "no disk activities".

Again and stopped(loop?) at 54% no disk activities.

The installation of VirtulBox got control of the machine breaking
security.  Why change owner of /usr/lib64?

In this jungle nobody is inocent neither incompetent.  Any sugestions?

I'm used to create/install test machines on VirtualBox, but ...

>> Thanks again for the pointer.
>>

> If you're going to be using USB connected devices, you'll do better
> using the version directly from Oracle at https://www.virtualbox.org/
>
> The also provide a repo that works with yum.  Scroll down the page  to
> find it here: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads
Thanks again, any information is well come.

--
Lucélio Gomes de Freitas
ETFCSF=> U.G.F.=> P.U.C.(RJ)
Email: aa.lucelio at gmail.com