nepomukindexer was killed by signal 6 (SIGABRT)

Fedora Linux fedoralinux at toursbymexico.com
Wed Dec 28 21:54:38 UTC 2011

Hello

I have Fedora 16 for x86_64, from time to time it sends the error
"nepomukindexer was killed by signal 6 (SIGABRT)" thru the Automatic Bug
Reporting Tool, but now it keeps sending the error every 20 or 30 seconds
and there are lots of instances of nepomuxindexer running at the same time
one after another consuming a lot of processor...

I read on google that it can be safely disabled, but how can I do that and
what system functionalities would I lose?

Thanks,
Mike

P.D. I'm new to Fedora, please be patient :P