F16 - a good experience

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 11:34:01 UTC 2011

I know that recently some folk have posted of bad experiences with f16
- however I am running f16 on 6 machines (4 laptops and 2 desktops)
with 4 x86_64 and 2 i686 - and all are now stable, and running with a
responsive and crisp xfce desktop.  I can do everything that I need to
do, and one of the machines is a server and has performed flawlessly
since its install about a month ago.

Yes it does need some love and attention to get things configured and
set up working as desired (and some lookups and learning) - but I am
really pretty happy overall with f16 now - so this is general thank
you to all developers and testers in getting f16 to a good working
state - of course there are some residual bugs which need squashing
(Name "any" system has zero bugs after all!).

Have a great New Year all.

--
mike c