F16 - a good experience

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Dec 30 18:00:30 UTC 2011

On 12/30/2011 08:51 AM, Patrick Lists wrote:
> Luckily the frippery extensions and some other good stuff on
> extensions.gnome.org allow me to mimick GNOME2 pretty well.

Doesn't it bother anybody else here that many people have to use a bunch
of third-party extensions and mimic the way Gnome 2 worked just to make
Gnome 3 usable?  Shouldn't Gnome 3 be easy for the average user right
out of the box?  Am I the only person here who thinks there's something
wrong here?  Of course, I don't use Gnome any more, and the above is
why, so you might not think I'm being objective here.  Still, it makes
me wonder.