OT: How much RAM should I get in a new laptop ?

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 19:18:56 UTC 2011

Update.

After a bunch of order tuning, I ordered my XPS 17 with the 3D screen
(which got me 4 DIMM slots) and 16GB of RAM.  Yes, 16 GB.  I don't
feel I need that much right now, but as a package, it was cheap to add
it.

Not to advertise for Dell, but the complete system (i7, BD player, 16
GB, 3D screen, no 3d glasses, backlit keyboard, high end video card,
BT 3) for just under $1300.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Dell.  This will be my first
Dell laptop, other than the Duo I already own.