Firefox 9 can't set home page <SOLVED>

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 31 18:59:41 UTC 2011

On 12/31/2011 03:28 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
<>

> and all was well. You notice there is no reference to bing in that web
> address that gave me bing. So there is some mystery left.
-=-

well kafba. my bad. :(

instead of giving you full 'preference name' for startup page, i should
have told you to filter 'homepage'. you would have found problem sooner.

"live and learn. die and forget." :)

anyway, congrats on noting url bar and finding problem.

"HomepageBeforeUnload" is not a legitimate firefox 'preference name'.

see;

  http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries

as Patrick Lists suggest, looking for those files and deleting them
should solve problem. they are probably what allows their
'preference name' to work.

you should run "grep 'filenames' *" on those file names to see where
they are in regular firefox configs and remove lines with them.

in addition, i will also advise that you run "grep search.conduit.com *"
in your profile directory to see if you might have any more files with
that link.

plus, note timestamp for file and run "find" to see if you any more
files installed at same time. if 'conduit.com' is sneaky enough to
do what they did, they may be sneaky enough to hide files elsewhere.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

****
**
**
**