[mosty OT] trollfilter software

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Dec 31 22:29:18 UTC 2011

On 12/31/2011 02:08 PM, Craig White wrote:
> If you want to mire your e-mail to the local store of the mail client
> and computer of the moment that's surely your business and I wish you
> luck with that. You would probably be better served by using Gmail but
> the choice is yours and you can change at any time.

I'm retired, and for well over 90% of the time, I collect all of my mail
via POP3 on my desktop computer at home.  When I'm going to be away long
enough for it to matter, such as when I'm house/dog sitting for Jerry
Pournelle[1] down at Chaos Manor, I turn off my email client here, use
the one on my laptop and transfer any email I needed to save from one
box to the other when I get home.  I also use Gmail, but that mail I
leave on their servers because it's simply the easiest way to do it.
Back when I was working, I collected my work email at work, on their
computer, and my home email at home on mine, making it even easier to
leave my work at the office where it belonged.  I realize that this may
be hard for you to understand, but there really are people who like to
do things in a different way than you use and as long as their ways work
for them, it's not up to you to judge them for how they like to work.

[1]See http://www.jerrypournelle.com for further details.