F14 K3b and ISOs

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jan 12 20:43:33 UTC 2011

On 01/12/2011 02:42 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:29:35 -0500
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> What should I do at this point?
> I discovered that k3b in f14 started defaulting to cdrecord
> as the underlying burning app rather than growisofs (which was
> formerly the default, at least for DVD sized images).

Here is the log after I canceled:

Fixating...

Fixating time: 20.411s

/usr/bin/wodim: Drive needs to reload the media to return to proper status.

/usr/bin/wodim: Cannot load media with this drive!

/usr/bin/wodim: Try to load media by hand.

BURN-Free was never needed.

Re-load disk and hit <CR>

Controlling file not open for reading, send SIGUSR1 to continue.

/usr/bin/wodim: Caught interrupt.

/usr/bin/wodim: fifo had 5514 puts and 5514 gets.

/usr/bin/wodim: fifo was 0 times empty and 5449 times full, min fill was
98%.

cdrecord command:

/usr/bin/wodim -v gracetime=2 dev=/dev/sr0 speed=8 -raw96r
driveropts=burnfree -data -tsize=143341s -

> I can't get cdrecord to work at all, but there is a "burning
> app" pull down item in the burn dialog and you can explicitly
> select growisofs. I never have any problems using it.

I will try this.  But first try the CD to see if it does work...