Fedora Security and the Uverse 3800HGV-B router

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 03:07:01 UTC 2011

On 07/02/2011 06:35 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 03.07.2011 03:31, schrieb JD:
>
>>> so what will you tell us?
>>> that you are a noob and picking some documents you do not understand?
>>> everybody here has realized this long ago!
>>>
>> And you ignore:
>> "...JavaScript has a more troubling history of security holes...."
>> http://www.w3.org/Security/Faq/wwwsf2.html
> i ignore nothing
>
> i understand the difference of faulty implementations / bugs and your
> dumb implication "javascript can access my local drive" because you seen
> a file:// url from your routers interface without realize that javascript
> is not involved there and does only the document.location-call
>
> security problems in implementations has NOTHING to do with
> your braindead rant by starting this thread!

Just the contrary.
Security is my main concern.
Just as the article mentions.
That "troubling history" of security holes in javascript
is in and of itself a much stronger conviction of wrongdoing
than I have provided. Calling it "bugs" is laughable at best.

On just the face of it - browsing to a web site, resulting
in code getting pushed to user's machine, executed on
user's machine is insecurity itself, no matter how hard
the promoters scream and shout that it is safe.